Saturday, January 28, 2006

A MILLION DOLLAR BABY . A REVIEW

I love Clint Eastwood. I loved him as an actor though I found him a bit too tough, but as a director he is great, superb, he is just a genious, and the way he combines both jobs is still more amazing . He is just brilliant, or as I read some time ago "at the peak of his powers".
I am not fond of boxing, what is more I think it is something I can´t understad : too much violence, too much money, too much suffering, but with this film I have learnt to see it much more like a sport, like a way of improving oneself . Clint has taught me at least, and I am sure he has also shown to everybody the dignity of this sport.
Clint deals with many important themes for all human beings :
- Family relationships , family ties (He shows Maggie´s beloved family, a family unable to love or apreciate her in any way : Clint´s only family, his daughter , never seen but presnt all through the film, from the very beginning till the end ; Peligro´s family, we know very little about them , but enough, we know the good education his mother tried to give him ...)
-Friendship : The best example of perfect friends , the aging trainer, Fankie Dunn and his former fighter , Scrap , Frankie and Maggie, ...
-Euthasnasia
-Catholic religion , faith, church,the seeking of God. Maggie wore a crucifix when she was asking Frankie to help her to end her life.
-Unconditional Love , the love Frankie showed when he made plans to live in a cottage with Maggie being unable to move or breath on her own , he also made plans for Maggie , he suggested her going to University on a wheelchair .
Well , this is the way I see it, and I can also add that the film made me cry and I don´t cry easily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog rating and reviews Articles Websites Directory - Articles Websites Directory and Reviews with free submission.